Who Can Sign Up for Bento?
Legally registered US businesses with a verifiable physical location in the US can sign up for Bento.
However, due to business category restrictions imposed by The Bancorp Bank, N.A.; Member FDIC, the following categories of businesses are restricted from using Bento's services:
OFAC-sanctioned individuals, entities, countries, and/or governments
- Shell banks and foreign shell companies
- Legal entities whose Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) cannot be verified
- Unlawful/unlicensed Internet gambling organizations
- Unregulated domestic/foreign casinos
- Unregistered/unregulated charitable organizations
- Unregistered hedge funds
- Unlicensed/unregistered MSBs
- Bearer Share companies
- Marijuana-related legitimate and illegitimate businesses
- Virtual currency companies
- Adult content and services companies
- Drug paraphernalia companies
- Penny auction companies
- Any individual or entity that:
- Presents forged or false documents
- Refuses to cooperate or deliberately obstructs the customer verification process
- Insists on anonymity
The types of restricted businesses listed are representative, but not exhaustive. If you are uncertain as to whether your business is a Restricted Business or have questions about how these requirements apply to you, please contact us.