Policy Settings - Overview and Management
What are Policy Settings and Why Do I Need Them?
- Track and reinforce policies
- Track and manage receipts
- Track and organize transactions with tags and notes
- Manage policy violations
- Simplify closing your books faster
Benefits of policy settings:
- Save time and effort in tracking and managing expenses
- Receive alerts when a policy is violated
- Easy and faster reconciliation
- Better insights into transactions and spend patterns
How to Add a New Policy?
2. Click + Add Policy on the right side of the screen
3. Fill out the form > Click Save
How to Edit/Delete an Existing Policy?
1. On the Policy Settings page, select the policy you wish to edit
2. Make your changes > Click Save
Note: Any changes made to the policy will apply to transactions made after the changes have been saved.
Delete a Policy
1. On the Policy Settings page, select the policy you wish to delete
2. Scroll down > Click Delete Policy
What are the Parameters/Fields I Can Set Policies For?
- GL Account
How Many Reminders Can I Set to Rectify a Policy Violation?
When Will the Policy Violation Reminders Go Out?
When Will a Card Turn Off for Violating a Policy?
Note: This is not a mandatory feature. It is up to the policy setter whether to use this enhancement or not.
Will I Be Notified When a Policy is Violated?
You will notice an orange exclamation mark against corresponding transactions in the Transactions tab to indicate which transactions are in violation of a policy.
How Do I Resolve a Policy Violation?
How Do I Know My Policy Violation is Resolved?
After a Violation is Resolved, When Will My Card Turn Back On?
E.g. If the card is turned off due to policy violations but has a previously set day of the week restriction, then we will still honor the day of week restriction after the policy violation is resolved. If the card was already off prior to policy violation, the card will remain off after the policy violation is resolved.