Quick Guide to Getting Started with Bento for Business
Funding Your Account
Method 1: Instant Account Verification
1. Go to the Funds tab > Click to connect a bank under the Bento Transfer Icon
2. Search for your credit union or banking institution
3. Enter your online banking credentials to complete the verification process
Note: Most major banking institutions support instant bank account verification. If your bank does not support it, you will need to use the Deposit Verification method.
Method 2: Deposit Verification
1. Navigate to the Funds tab > Click to connect a bank > Connect your bank via micro deposit verification
2. Enter your bank's routing number and account number to link the account
3. In 1-2 business days, check your bank account activity for 2 small deposits from Bento
4. Once the deposit has been made, navigate to the Funds tab > Verify Account > Enter the two deposit amounts
5. If the amounts are a match, your bank account will be successfully verified
Note: The account being linked must permit ACH debit transfers out of the account, otherwise transfers initiated from this account will fail.
Creating and Adding Cards
User cards can be assigned to employees within your business. Bento cards eliminate the need for employees to submit expense reports, thereby trimming down the tedious and time-consuming process of tracking receipts and reimbursements.
Bento also allows you to configure spend controls/limits for each card to easily track and monitor business expenses.
When a card is assigned to an employee, they can activate their own card and set a PIN. They can also upload receipts for their transactions, check their spend balance and activity, and view the card controls set on their card.
A few fields are required for a card to be issued to an employee, they are:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address* (optional)
* Email address is required if you wish to grant your employees access to the Bento mobile app.
Utility cards can be assigned to specific needs of a business, such as office supplies, gas, and other general expenses. These cards do not require any individual's information to be associated with the card and will not have web app or mobile app access. Thus, utility cardholders cannot upload receipts, view their transactions, or check their spend balance or card controls.
Note: Bento cards are printed and delivered to your business address within 7-10 business days. Once received, the card may be activated by the cardholder or the primary account holder either by calling 855-547-2896 or visiting https://www.bentoforbusiness.com/activate. Each cardholder will need to provide personal information to verify their identity.
Admins can be granted specific permissions to view and/or manage certain aspects of the Bento account. This option is fitting for someone that helps you manage your business operations and expenses, such as an Assistant, Accountant, or Bookkeeper.
Save Time and Money with Bento for Business
Relax and enjoy the ease of Bento's real-time controls and transparency on your expenses. Bento makes sure that your employees will have access to the funds that they need - according to the limits that you set for your business's bottom line.
If you have any questions or need any further help, please give us a call at 855-547-2896 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.